In an attempt to stop the spread of Covid-19, the Scottish Government has created a retail checklist for shops, retail stores and shopping centres.
The Scottish Government is asking retailers to promote Covid safe good practices and behaviours as part of the everyday operations in their business, due to the high level of cases in Scotland.
The checklist includes a list of precautionary measures that all businesses in Scotland should adhere to. The measures include:
- Ensuring staff and customers adhere to the mandatory requirement to wear a face covering in indoor public spaces (unless an exemption applies), and that workplaces endorse and support staff in following best practice in the use of face coverings.
- Considering measures which encourage staff and customers to continue maintaining.
- Social distancing.
- Implementing good ventilation across all areas of the business.
- Ensuring staff maintain good hand, surface and respiratory hygiene measures at all times and promote to customers.
- Maintaining effective cleaning and disinfection regimes.
- Supporting staff to self-isolate and get tested where appropriate, in accordance with Scotland’s Test and Protect Strategy.
The checklist can be found on the Scottish Government website.