With the new Premier League season about to kick off this month, there are lots of opportunities for retailers to cash in on sales of football trading cards from the leading suppliers.
And as children are allowed to shop more freely and make swaps at school, the 2021/22 season should prove a bumper time.
Panini is due to launch its official Premier League Adrenalyn XL trading cards this Thursday (August 5), with the inclusion of authentic signatures in blind wrapped multipacks, in addition to printed signatures.
The range includes:
• Starter packs with three packets of six cards, two limited edition cards, binder, game board, game guide and mini checklist. RRP £5.99.
• Multipacks with five packets and one limited edition card (blind wrapped print and authentic signatures). RRP £4.99.
• Pocket tins including six packets and two limited edition cards. RRP £6.99.
• Mega tins with eight packets, one limited edition and one Golden Baller. RRP £9.99.
FSDUs will be available to all retailers, offering a great way to display all product lines, while capitalising on the strong Premier League brand.
10,000 POS packs will be boxed out to Independent convenience retailers, including a letter with all collection details and marketing timings, a window poster and shelf talker to aid displays.
The Topps Match Attax trading card game is also due to launch this month – on August 26 – featuring nine UK clubs, with the newly formed UEFA Conference League joining the Champions League and Europa League.
The new range includes limited edition cards and real autograph cards on high quality foil.
• Packets -with no duplicates in packet guarantee – £2.
• Starter Pack, with binder, two-player play pitch, 32-page magazine and checklist, four tactic cards for gameplay, two limited edition cards, and new chase element cards £5.99.
• Multipacks £4.99
• Mini Tins £7.99
• Mega Tins £12.99
In an exclusive deal with Topps, all NFRN members can get their hands on a CDU of 12 free promotional Match Attax packets, delivered by wholesale, from August 19.
In November, Topps is also launching an all-new sticker collection featuring stars of the Scottish Premiership and Championship, available in Scotland only.
This will include a bumper 72-page album with 370 stickers to collect, a comprehensive guide to the 2021/22 season, Legend stickers and much more.
RRPs are as follows:
• Sticker packets £1
• Album pack 4.99
• Sticker multipack £4.99
• Sticker tin £9.99
FDUs will also be available containing stickers, albums, multipacks and tins.