Grays – Distribution Disruption
Following the earlier reported disruption at our Grays branch, we have been in dialogue with the local authorities throughout the day. The Police Strategic Response and Health and Safety teams on site have now deemed the area as a ‘danger to life’ and as such we will again not be permitted access to the branch tonight.
As a result we will again be implementing contingency measures for tonight/tomorrow’s distribution. This includes:
• Running our Grays final mile distribution out of Bow branch;
• Packing of all newspapers in Bow branch via manual packing sheets;
• Packing of all time sensitive magazines in Maidstone branch to be transhipped to Bow for final mile distribution;
• Providing transport for employees from Grays to Bow;
• Onboarding additional short term hire vehicles to cover as many runs as possible tomorrow morning; and
• Merging runs where vehicle capacity is limited.
Whilst all efforts are being made to minimise the impact on distribution, we do anticipate there being some late running tomorrow morning.
We thank you again for your patience and we will continue to update you as appropriate as the situation develops.