The Scottish government have released updated guidance for businesses to reduce the risk of covid-19.
Under the existing health and safety legislation, businesses have a duty to manage workplace risks.
Although many COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted under amendments made to the Coronavirus Regulations before the Omicron variant’s emergence, businesses and staff should continue to manage the risk of virus transmission in their workplace. This means that businesses should:
- Follow this guidance and any industry guidance that may apply
- Support working from home where possible
- Continue to conduct and regularly review risk assessments
- Implement measures identified within risk assessments
- Increase ventilation
- Encourage everyone to practice good hygiene and surface cleaning
- Encourage everyone to comply with face covering regulations unless exempt
- Follow and support workers to follow self-isolation guidance
- Encourage staff to take a test twice weekly
- Help staff to understand the steps they and their organisation can take to prevent COVID-19 spreading in the workplace
- Take steps to ensure staff and visitors keep a safe distance from each other in all areas of the workplace where reasonably practical
For more information and to download a risk assessment, visit Risk assessment – Working safely during the pandemic (hse.gov.uk)