JTI is a leading international tobacco and vaping manufacturer with operations in more than 130 countries. A manufacturer of choice, JTI is well-known for its cigarette brands, tobacco products, vaping portfolio and now, 100% tobacco-free nicotine pouches. JTI is committed to supporting retailers via its sales reps and with the use of educational tools such as www.jtiadvance.co.uk.
JTI supports retailers in the UK with its trade website jtiadvance.co.uk. On the site retailers can find:
- Up-to-date recommended price lists
- Industry news
- Further information on recent product launches and important legislation
- Advice and tips from both experts and peers
- Training modules across a range of subjects
In October last year, JTI Advance underwent a major update with a host of new features added and a fresh new look. The refreshed website was improved with the user in mind, resulting in a substantially enhanced browsing experience. Now fully mobile optimised, retailers can take advantage of the insight offered whether at home, on the go, or in store. The update also saw the introduction of a new JTI Advance Bot – an interactive chatbot designed to help users locate the information they need more quickly and efficiently.
Want to see the new features for yourself?
What’s new from JTI?
Sterling Dual Capsule Leaf Wrapped 20s
- Following the success of Sterling Dual Capsule Leaf Wrapped 10s, JTI has just announced the launch of a 20s format for the king size cigarillo; with a mentholated Virginia blend tobacco and capsule filter that when crushed releases a peppermint flavour. The new format is rolling out across selected wholesalers now and across all channels nationally in the coming weeks, with a RRP of £9.10 for a pack of 20 cigarillos*.
Key stat – Sterling Dual Capsule Leaf Wrapped is the No.1 cigarillo brand, with a 92.6% share of the UK cigarillo market[i].
3 in 1 Sterling Tobacco Pouch
- Last year, Sterling 3 in 1 Rolling Tobacco transitioned from a box to a pouch offering adult smokers the format they want, at the same value price as before. The new format provides a fuss-free experience with a full rolling kit, including 30g tobacco, 100 papers and 77 filter tips.
Key stat – Sterling Rolling Tobacco is JTI’s leading Value RYO brand[ii], and is the UK’s fastest growing tobacco brand[iii].
Logic Compact Intense
- Compatible with the popular Logic Compact device, the range of refill flavour pods with nicotine salts are designed to offer a smoother and more intense flavour delivery. Vapers can choose from a range of flavours including – Amber Tobacco, Peppermint, Berry Ripple, Banoffee, Chai Latte, Polar Menthol and Berry Mint.
Key stat – The Logic brand was worth £292 million in the last year[i] in traditional retail with growth of 21.8% year-on-year[ii]. The Logic Compact Device is the #1 selling closed tank device in Traditional Retail[ii].
RRP – £5.99 x2 pods*
- The Logic EPIQ range includes both nicotine salts and High VG 70/30 e-liquids as vapers become more experimental with their vaping choices. The nicotine salt range (18mg/ml) includes popular flavours such as Amber Tobacco, Peppermint, Berry Mint and Forest Fruits, and the High VG 70/30 liquids (3mg/ml), which offer a bigger vapour cloud, is available in everything from Coconut Macaroon and Mint Royale to Berry Crumble and Cherry Apple.
Key stat – The UK’s most popular flavours are fruit (31%), followed by tobacco (20%) and then menthol (21%)[iii].
RRP – £2.99 EPIQ essential range*
[I] IRi Market Place, Volume Share, Total Cigarillo Category, Total UK, Dec 2020
[II] IRi Market Place, Volume Share, Total RYO/MYO, Total UK, Dec 2020
[III] IRi Market Place, Volume Share, Total RYO/MYO, Total UK, over the last 12 months to Dec 2020 (based on slope calculation)
[IV] IRI Market Place, Total E-Vapour Category, MAT & Total Market Value change
[V] IRI Market Place, Total E-Vapour Category, MAT Total Market Value & change
[VI] Kantar / Online One Tracker: Q1 2020
[VII] IRi Market Place, Volume Sales, Total Nicotine Pouch Category, Total UK, over the last 12 months to Dec 2020 (based on slope calculation)
[VIII] IRI Market Place, Volume Share, Nicotine Pouch Category, Total UK,FY 2020 . For more information or to verify comparison contact Nordic Spirit on Facebook or Instagram: @nordicspirit_uk or using our details at nordicspirit.co.uk/contact
[IX] 60 retailers that have been specially selected by JTI and trained to be able to converse with consumers about the Ploom Product range
[X] JTI estimates (Walnut online research/Euromonitor)
Tobacco-free Nicotine Pouches
100% tobacco-free nicotine pouch range, Nordic Spirit, is ideal for adult smokers and vapers who are looking for convenient products that can be used when smoking or vaping might not be possible. The range is available in three flavours; Mint, Bergamot Wildberry and Elderflower in a regular, strong and extra strong variant in Mint. What’s more, Nordic Spirit is also available in price mark packs (PMP), so retailers should stock these to help drive sales.
Nordic Spirit has been the fastest growing nicotine pouch brand in the UK over the last 12 months[i] and is currently the UK’s No. 1 nicotine pouch brand[ii] .
RRP – £6.50 for 20 pouches*
[i] IRi Market Place, Volume Sales, Total Nicotine Pouch Category, Total UK, over the last 12 months to Dec 2020 (based on slope calculation)
[ii] IRI Market Place, Volume Share, Nicotine Pouch Category, Total UK,FY 2020 . For more information or to verify comparison contact Nordic Spirit on Facebook or Instagram: @nordicspirit_uk or using our details at nordicspirit.co.uk/contact
Heated Tobacco Products
Launched at the end of 2020, Ploom S, is a heated tobacco device offering existing adult smokers an alternative but familiar tobacco experience by heating tobacco instead of burning it.
The Ploom S device is now sold online at www.ploom.co.uk and through Accredited Retailers across London[i]. When able to re-open, it will also be available in Ploom-branded lounges – located on Argyll Street and at Westfield Shopping Centre, London – and Ploom pop-up shops. The device can be used exclusively with EVO tobacco sticks which are available for all London retailers and from wholesalers within the M25.
The EVO tobacco sticks are available in four different flavours with an RRP of £4.50*:
- Bronze – full flavoured tobacco for a rich and intense experience
- Sepia – smooth and rounded tobacco for a well-balanced Ploom experience
- Emerald – classic tobacco infused with cooling menthol for a refreshing sensation
- Purple – classic tobacco infused with berry and cooling menthol for a fruity and refreshing sensation
Key stat – It is predicted that by 2025 there will be nearly one million Heated Tobacco users nationwide and that traditional retail will contribute to two thirds (67%) of this volume[ii].
You can find the full price list, with recommended retail prices for each of the above products, here!
*Retailers are of course free to sell JTI products at whatever price they choose
[i] JTI estimates (Walnut online research/Euromonitor)
[ii] 60 retailers that have been specially selected by JTI and trained to be able to converse with consumers about the Ploom Product range
JTI Covid-19 Update
JTI have announced that due to the new Covid-19 regulations that all salesforce colleagues will suspend field-based work.
JTI Trade Partners Letter Amid Second Lockdown
JTI have released a letter to trade partners amid the second lockdown.
JTI Price List
JTI have released their new price list.
JTI Will Be Calling On Stores In Scotland And Wales
As of June 22nd the JTI salesforce teams began visiting stores in Scotland and Wales in line with government guidelines after the Coronavirus outbreak.